Pioneer Orchestra Council Contact Information- LINK
Orchestra Council Duties:
• Director's second hand helper for all events
• Run student officer meetings (about once a month)
• Lead communicator between director and ensemble
• Spokesperson for your orchestra at all orchestra events
• Oversee and allocate student leaders for Car Wash, Symphony Serenades, Celebrity Servers, Candy and Show Your Appreciation fundraisers
Vice President (Junior/Senior):
• Head of Publicity- create fliers, facebook events, invitations, etc.
• Editor of all performance programs
• Organization of stage crew and ushers for performances
• President's helper for all events
• Take preliminary attendance for your orchestra in class, rehearsals, performances, etc.
• Take care of anything that needs documented/sorted
• Organization of forms for trips, beginning of year documents, summer camp
Officers at Large (Sophomore/Junior/Senior):
• Chair set-up for class, organization of classroom
• Music issues (makes practice copies of music)
• All the little things!
Student Conductor (optional)
Duties we ALL share:
- Beginning of year mailing/ put classroom together the week before class
- Interlochen Camp preparation (August)
- Copying of documents (learn how to use the copier PROPERLY!)
- Welcoming the freshman, showing them the expectations of orchestra
- Appropriate peer discipline
A Few Days Before the Election:
• Teacher announces the elections and expectations of student officers, students help create a list of what they believe is important in an officer
• Teacher highlights that these students must have a good rapport with colleagues, and be a positive role model for younger members, have a 3.0 and not be on academic probation
• Teacher highlights that officers must be someone you would trust that if the teacher is not in the room, musical and class goals/tasks can still be achieved
• Students prepare a statement on why they would be a strong leader for the ensemble.
• Secret ballot handed out. Teacher tallies the votes with the previous president.